Monthly Archives: July 2011

HK LIFE – Teaching English in Hong Kong 13

TEFL in Hong Kong:

  • Requirements: A degree (in any subject) is often a substitute for a TEFL certificate in HK (and Japan), and training will often be provided. However, it is becoming more common for employers to expect a TEFL qualification in addition to a degree. Entry requirements toughened after the financial crisis sparked a new influx of foreigners to the city. The best TEFL programme available in HK is the Trinity All Saints certificate offered by English for Asia. Savings can be made if you enrol on the Trinity course in Thailand.