Tsing Yi Paint Factory 太古漆廠 sits glumly on the northwest side of Hong Kong.
A team from HK URBEX explored the derelict site earlier this month.
They say “Like dead skin, walls blemished in blood-resembling tones are scattered throughout the structure alongside decrepit Escher-style staircases. Barely a skeleton of what it once was, the network of pillars, supports and staircases that encase the two main buildings are decaying fast, with nature taking over where man once was.”
The dilapidated state of the building once made it popular with war games enthusiasts.
However, after a player injured himself falling into a large hole in one of the floors, a security guard now mans the site.
It is thought the factory was once connected to an old Swire paint making division during Hong Kong’s manufacturing heyday between the 1950s and 70s.
Below is a video shot by a different urban explorer earlier this year…
The elusive HK URBEX team are encouraging Hong Kongers to vote in the unofficial referendum on democracy this week…
Today’s images are courtesy of the HK URBEX team – follow them on Facebook.
Exploring forgotten corners of HK where nature is winning…
- Abandoned TV studios near Sai Kung.
- Abandoned Villages in HK’s ‘Wild West’ (Fan Lau).
- Central’s Abandoned Prison and Police Station.
- Fung Hang Semi-Abandoned Village.
- HK’s Abandoned ‘Ghost Island’, Yim Tin Tsai.
- Kuk Po, Part 1: Photos from HK’s Borderzone Ghost Town.
- Kuk Po, Part 2: More Shots from the Abandoned Village Outpost.
- Kuk Po: Part 3: Interview with the Only Villager.
- Kuk Po, Part 4: Plover Cove Abandoned Ghost Town Revisited.
- Lai Chi Wo: The Semi-Abandoned Hakka Walled Village in Plover Cove.
- Luk Keng Chan Uk Semi-Abandoned Village.
- Ma On Shan’s Abandoned Iron Mine Complex.
- Ma Wan Abandoned Town, Part 1.
- Ma Wan Abandoned Town, Part 2.
- MTR Tunnels Under Construction.
- Shing Mun Redoubt, HK’s Secret WWII Tunnels.
- The Creepy Abandoned Holiday Resort of Broken Dreams, Part 1.
- The Creepy Abandoned Holiday Resort of Broken Dreams, Part 2.
- The Half-Submerged Cargo Ship Currently Abandoned off Cheung Chau.
- So Lo Pun: HK’s Ancient ‘Haunted’ Abandoned Village.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 1: Sunrise on Hong Kong’s Furthest Flung & Wildest Island.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 2: The Abandoned Hamlets of Hong Kong’s ‘Jumanji Island’.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 3: The Abandoned Military Base on HK’s Wild Outpost.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 4: Video discussing HK’s Abandoned, Wild Island Outpost.
- Wanchai’s Abandoned Police Station.
- Yung Shue Au & Sam A Tsuen Ghost Villages