A team from HK URBEX explored the former premises of St. Joseph’s Anglo-Chinese School in Kwun Tong.
The huge white building is unmissable due to its large Christian cross, yet the campus has been abandoned since 2010.
Founded in 1958, the primary school began with just 11 classrooms, 23 staff and 140 students.
The school expanded to become one of the most prestigious institutions in the region.
A huge 30,000 sq foot secondary campus was opened in 1967 and the primary school was rebuilt in 1985.
In the mid-2000s, a structural survey revealed that the building could stand for another 20-30 years.
The management weighed up their options and decided to move to a new campus just 700 metres away.
The school in happier times…
Stay tuned for more from Team HK URBEX…
Today’s images are courtesy of the HK URBEX team – follow them on Facebook.
Exploring forgotten corners of HK where nature is winning…
- Abandoned TV studios near Sai Kung.
- Abandoned Villages in HK’s ‘Wild West’ (Fan Lau).
- Central’s Abandoned Prison and Police Station.
- Fung Hang Semi-Abandoned Village.
- HK’s Abandoned ‘Ghost Island’, Yim Tin Tsai.
- Kuk Po, Part 1: Photos from HK’s Borderzone Ghost Town.
- Kuk Po, Part 2: More Shots from the Abandoned Village Outpost.
- Kuk Po: Part 3: Interview with the Only Villager.
- Kuk Po, Part 4: Plover Cove Abandoned Ghost Town Revisited.
- Lai Chi Wo: The Semi-Abandoned Hakka Walled Village in Plover Cove.
- Luk Keng Chan Uk Semi-Abandoned Village.
- Ma On Shan’s Abandoned Iron Mine Complex.
- Ma Wan Abandoned Town, Part 1.
- Ma Wan Abandoned Town, Part 2.
- MTR Tunnels Under Construction.
- Shing Mun Redoubt, HK’s Secret WWII Tunnels.
- The Creepy Abandoned Holiday Resort of Broken Dreams, Part 1.
- The Creepy Abandoned Holiday Resort of Broken Dreams, Part 2.
- The Half-Submerged Cargo Ship Currently Abandoned off Cheung Chau.
- So Lo Pun: HK’s Ancient ‘Haunted’ Abandoned Village.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 1: Sunrise on Hong Kong’s Furthest Flung & Wildest Island.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 2: The Abandoned Hamlets of Hong Kong’s ‘Jumanji Island’.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 3: The Abandoned Military Base on HK’s Wild Outpost.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 4: Video discussing HK’s Abandoned, Wild Island Outpost.
- Wanchai’s Abandoned Police Station.
- Yung Shue Au & Sam A Tsuen Ghost Villages