The Affordable Art Fair returns to Wanchai’s Exhibition Centre next weekend and Hong Wrong has 5 tickets to give away. Simply leave a comment at the bottom of this post for a chance to win (ensure you’re registered with a valid email address, it won’t be used for anything except for notifying winners). Winners will be chosen randomly and contacted next Monday, March 17th.
This year’s fair features over 120 local and international galleries, showcasing over 1,000 artists. Click here for shots from last year’s event. 1.4 million people have visited the international fair over the past 15 years – it has thus far been held in 16 cities around the world.
There will be talks, a DJ workshop, free arts activities and a children’s art studio. A new section this year will feature art under HK$10,000 and there will also be a special exhibition on young local talent.
Ric Tse’s ‘Legography‘ shots, featured on the blog last week, will be on display…
As well as Romain Jacquet-Lagreze’s ‘Vertical Horizon‘ shots, also featured on the blog…
The fair will be open to the public on Friday 21st from noon till 6pm, on Saturday, 22nd from 11am till 7pm and on Sunday, 23rd from 11am till 6pm.
Tickets are HK$120 from HK Ticketing but are on buy-one-get-one-free offer until next Wednesday, 20th. Tickets for student ID holders are HK$70, children under 16 enter for free.
A beady eye on cultural events across the territory…
- To view all past events featured on Hong Wrong, click here.
- To view all past events related to HK’s Anthropology Society, click here.
Click here for links to all of Hong Wrong’s art fair coverage. Full highlights listed below…
- Adrian Wong’s ‘Wun Dun’ Launch.
- Affordable Art Fair 2013.
- Ai Weiwei’s New ‘Baby Milk’ Sculpture, 2013.
- American Graffiti Artist SEEN in Hong Kong.
- Art Basel 2013: Part 1 of 2.
- Art Basel 2013: Part 2 of 2.
- Art HK 2012 Highlights: Hall 1.
- Art HK 2012 Moving Installations.
- Art Inspired by Kowloon Walled City.
- Asia Contemporary Art Show 2013.
- Asia Hotel Art Fair 2013.
- Chai Wan Mei 2012: Local Art Studios on an Old Industrial Estate.
- Clockenflap 2012. See also: Complete Clockenflap 2012 Guide.
- Comfort Women Exhibition, 2012.
- Cyrcle Abseil down Skyscrapper to Create Huge Mural in Sai Wan.
- Detour Festival 2012.
- Fine Art Asia 2012.
- Fotanian Open Studios 2013.
- Free Space Festival 2012.
- Full Lowdown & Map for Art Week 2013.
- Giant Dog Shit is Re-dedicated to Politician Chan Kam-Lam.
- Gigantic Yellow Rubber Bath Toy Visiting Harbour.
- HK Inspired Art Projects.
- HK’s First Tattoo Convention: In Pictures.
- HK’s Got Talent! Paul Lung’s Amazingly Realistic Pencil Drawings.
- Hong Kong Contemporary 2013.
- Hong Kong Eye 2013.
- Inflation Festival 2013 at West Kowloon.
- Julianne Yang’s Citylines – Sketches of Unseen Strangers in HK.
- King Kong in Hong Kong.
- Microwave Festival 2012.
- More ART HK 2012 Highlights: Hall 3.
- Rodentia in Absentia by Adrian Wong.
- Shots from HK’s Biggest Ever Street Art Exhibition in Tai Koo, 2013.
- Spoon Art Fair 2012.
- The HK Political Art of Winnie Davies.
- The Sum of All Evil: Shock Value or Art?.
- Videotage ‘Wikitopia’ 2012 at Microwave Festival Annex.