Traditionally, the new South China Morning Mouthpiece‘s semi-porous paywall allows non-subscribers 4 free articles before locking them out…
To bypass this limit, simply open SCMP.com in an ‘incognito window’ in Google’s Chrome browser. Again, you will be limited to just four articles, but you can reset this by closing the window and re-opening another incognito window…
This browser plug-in for Chrome allows one-click access to new incognito windows.
Limitless journalism ‘for free’ is probably a bad thing in the long-run – but Hong Wrong is happy to share this workaround until SCMP’s editor Wang Xiangwei quits.
Also on the blog:
- Accessing BBC iPlayer from Abroad
- Arranging China Visas in Hong Kong
- Buying the Cheapest Books in HK
- Comprehensive Map of HK Markets & Hidden Malls
- Cheapest Mobiles Phones in HK
- Essential Expat Tips and Links
- Flat-hunting Tips
- Flight Links & Tips
- Job-Hunting Links
- Teaching in Hong Kong