Cavalia is a grand-scale Big Top spectacle featuring a mix of equestrian and performing arts, multimedia and special effects, acrobatics, dance, aerial stunts and live music.
Already enjoyed by over four million spectators around the world, the show – involving 40 horses and riders – finally makes it to Hong Kong this April.
Created in Canada by Normand Latourelle, co-founder of Cirque du Soleil and supported by the Jockey Club, the show will take place in the world’s largest touring tent – right on Hong Kong Island’s waterfront.
- The 40 artists, acrobats, dancers and riders are from Canada, France, Belgium, the United States, Morocco, Australia, Spain, South Africa and Sweden.
- The troupe also includes 5 musicians (guitar, keyboard, bass, drums, and cello) and a singer.
- For every performance, the band leader gives more than 300 music cues to his band.
- The 35 square-metre musicians’ platform is perched 4 meters high, behind a colossal screen.
- The horses annually consume 17,500 bales of hay, 16,550 kilograms of grain and 795 kilograms of carrots.
- Spacious showers are installed in the stables to groom the four-legged stars.
- Large windows inside each stall allow the equine stars to see and communicate with his neighbours.
- The White Big Top peaks at 35 meters, equivalent to a ten-story building. 6,630 square meters of canvas were used to create the White Big Top, which spans more than 2,440 square meters.
- 2,500 tons of sand and dirt (100 truckloads) are required to build the stage.
- 120 000 litres of recycled water are pumped into the stage to create the magical lake.
Tickets start from $395 for adults, or HK$245 for students. Available at HK Ticketing or call 31 288 288.
- 31 Mar 2015 (Tue) at 8pm
- 2 Apr 2015 (Thu) at 8pm
- 3 Apr 2015 (Fri) at 8pm
- 4 Apr 2015 (Sat) at 12noon & 7pm
- 5 Apr 2015 (Sun) at 12noon & 7pm
- 8 Apr 2015 (Wed) at 8pm
- 9 Apr 2015 (Thu) at 8pm
- 10 Apr 2015 (Fri) at 8pm (Private Only)
- 11 Apr 2015 (Sat) at 2:30pm & 8pm
- 12 Apr 2015 (Sun) at 1pm & 6:30pm
- 14 Apr 2015 (Tue) at 8pm
- 15 Apr 2015 (Wed) at 8pm
- 16 Apr 2015 (Thu) at 8pm
- 17 Apr 2015 (Fri) at 8pm
- 18 Apr 2015 (Sat) at 2:30pm & 8pm
- 19 Apr 2015 (Sun) at 1pm
- 22 Apr 2015 (Wed) at 8pm
- 23 Apr 2015 (Thu) at 8pm
- 24 Apr 2015 (Fri) at 8pm
- 25 Apr 2015 (Sat) at 2:30pm & 8pm
- 26 Apr 2015 (Sun) at 1pm & 6:30pm