Hong Kong’s white people gathered for this year’s Clockenflap Festival at West Kowloon Cultural District over the weekend. Below are some photographic highlights…
Modeselektor, 2ManyDJs and Chic stole the show, whilst Four Tet was a bit of a let down and locals acts failed attract local Chinese residents to the festival. Tegan & Sara, Efterklang, Omar Souleyman and Metric were also highly rated (despite some sound issues) though The Bearded Lady tent remained the centre of the party for much of the weekend.
Queues for food and toilets were short, drink prices reasonable and Clockenflap has managed to avoid the kind of rampant commercialism that invades other festivals. Lessons were learnt quickly from previous years and it has gotten bigger and better each time. If only the government would allow a later finishing time.
See also: Clockenflap 2012 photos.
A close eye on HK’s burgeoning music scene…
- ‘Hong Kong Kids’ Music Video
- 9 Maps Album Launch
- Ambient Monolake Album Mixes Sounds of the MTR
- Clockenflap 2012. See also: Complete Clockenflap 2012 Guide.
- Expat Kid Rapper Returns With New Video: Cool or Cringe?
- Free Space Festival 2012
- Guitar Duo Rodrigo & Gabriela: Pics + Video
- Hidden Agenda Raided Again Over the Weekend
- The Psy Gangnam Tribute: ‘Hong Kong Style’