Blessed with a prime location on The Peak, Dragon Lodge is cursed with a chequered, somewhat gory, history.
HK URBEX explored Hong Kong’s ‘most haunted’ house, which now lies in a state of decay.
Built before WWII, it is said that the original owner went bankrupt. The second owner died in the house and then it is believed that the Japanese occupied the property, decapitating several Catholic nuns in the front yard.
In the late 60s, the property became victim of a ‘pump and dump‘ scheme and was last purchased in 2004 for HK$76 million.
A woman who lived at Dragon Lodge in the 70s wrote on a blog that she often saw a ‘ghost child and heard her crying. She stated that “there was something very sorrowful about the child as she seemed to be asking for help”.
At one stage the mansion was being redeveloped – however the restoration was seemingly abandoned.
The property is situated at 32 Lugard Road, though security measures were improved recently to prevent urban explorers from gaining access.
Today’s images are courtesy of the HK URBEX team – follow them on Facebook.
Exploring forgotten corners of HK where nature is winning…
- Abandoned TV studios near Sai Kung.
- Abandoned Villages in HK’s ‘Wild West’ (Fan Lau).
- Central’s Abandoned Prison and Police Station.
- Fung Hang Semi-Abandoned Village.
- HK’s Abandoned ‘Ghost Island’, Yim Tin Tsai.
- Kuk Po, Part 1: Photos from HK’s Borderzone Ghost Town.
- Kuk Po, Part 2: More Shots from the Abandoned Village Outpost.
- Kuk Po: Part 3: Interview with the Only Villager.
- Kuk Po, Part 4: Plover Cove Abandoned Ghost Town Revisited.
- Lai Chi Wo: The Semi-Abandoned Hakka Walled Village in Plover Cove.
- Luk Keng Chan Uk Semi-Abandoned Village.
- Ma On Shan’s Abandoned Iron Mine Complex.
- Ma Wan Abandoned Town, Part 1.
- Ma Wan Abandoned Town, Part 2.
- MTR Tunnels Under Construction.
- Shing Mun Redoubt, HK’s Secret WWII Tunnels.
- The Creepy Abandoned Holiday Resort of Broken Dreams, Part 1.
- The Creepy Abandoned Holiday Resort of Broken Dreams, Part 2.
- The Half-Submerged Cargo Ship Currently Abandoned off Cheung Chau.
- So Lo Pun: HK’s Ancient ‘Haunted’ Abandoned Village.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 1: Sunrise on Hong Kong’s Furthest Flung & Wildest Island.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 2: The Abandoned Hamlets of Hong Kong’s ‘Jumanji Island’.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 3: The Abandoned Military Base on HK’s Wild Outpost.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 4: Video discussing HK’s Abandoned, Wild Island Outpost.
- Wanchai’s Abandoned Police Station.
- Yung Shue Au & Sam A Tsuen Ghost Villages.