HK Fan Zone – a new event to compliment the Rugby 7s – is now in full swing each night at the New Central Harbourfront park…
The atmosphere and set-up is tantamount to a mini-Clockenflap – with food stalls, kids areas and some acts, such as 2 Many DJs and De La Soul, making a welcome return to the city. There are also fun fair-style games, bean bags and large screens to catch the rugby action throughout the weekend.
Entrance to the attractions is free – only the live performances require a paid ticket.
Tickets range from HK$150-300 and are available via Ticketflap. The new site is a 36,000 square meter venue overlooking Victoria Harbour – and there is grass.
PARTY IN THE PARK – Thursday 27 March – HK$300
- The Cuban Brothers
FRIDAY NIGHT ROCKS – Friday 28 March – HK$150
The Underground HK, featuring
- Helter Skelter
- Hey Joe Trio
- Noughts & Exes
- Shotgun Politics
- Galaxy Express (Korea)
- Bamboo Star
- Dr Eggs
- Supper Moment
SATURDAY NIGHT REWIND – Saturday 29 March – HK$300
- The Cuban Brothers
- De La Soul
SUNDAY FAMILY EXTRAVAGANZA – Sunday 30 March – HK$300 adults HK$200 children
- Zing Zillas
As well as stilt-walkers, balloonists, clowns and face painters.
See hkfanzone.com for more details.
A beady eye on cultural events across the territory…
- To view all past events featured on Hong Wrong, click here.
- To view all past events related to HK’s Anthropology Society, click here.
A close eye on HK’s burgeoning music scene…
- ‘Hong Kong Kids’ Music Video.
- 9 Maps Album Launch.
- Ambient Monolake Album Mixes Sounds of the MTR.
- City Lines: 9 Maps, Cleen and Louise Joachimowski Play the Fringe.
- Clockenflap 2012. See also: Complete Clockenflap 2012 Guide.
- Clockenflap 2013.
- David Rovics Plays For One Night Only in HK.
- Expat Kid Rapper Returns With New Video: Cool or Cringe?
- Free Space Festival 2012.
- Guitar Duo Rodrigo & Gabriela: Pics + Video.
- Hidden Agenda Raided Again Over the Weekend.
- Hong Kong Ephemeral (Kowloon Hong Kong by The Reynettes.
- The Psy Gangnam Tribute: ‘Hong Kong Style’.
- Times Square Musical Flashmob by HK’s Top Indie Bands.