- For visas to China, you can apply directly at the Commissioner’s Office in Wan Chai, which also lists the fees for each nationality.
- It opens Monday to Friday: 9:00-12:00 and 14:00-17:00. Address: 7th Floor, Lower Block, China Resources Building, No.26, Harbour Road, Wanchai. You’ll need your passport, the application form and a recent colour photo. Follow the MTR signs to ‘Immigration Tower’, turn right at the end of the bridge and look for the Chinese government emblem.
- Alternatively, China Travel Service will help you with a visa for a fee.
Click here for a full list of useful links for expats. Other tips for foreigners residing in HK…
- Accessing iPlayer from Abroad.
- Cheapest Books Delivered to HK.
- Cheapest Mobiles: Top 4 Places.
- China Visa – How to Apply.
- Comprehensive Map of HK Markets & Hidden Malls.
- Flat-Hunting Guide and Links.
- Flight Tips and Links.
- Hong Kong Tourist Tips.
- How to Bypass the South China Morning Post Paywall.
- Local Job Hunting Links.
- Navigating HSBC’s New ATM Card Farce.
- Teaching Work in Hong Kong.
Pingback: Cheap Flights from Hong Kong | Hong Wrong Hong Kong Expat Blog