Below are some shots from this afternoon’s LEGCO demonstration against gov’t plans for patriotic ‘national education’ classes. As this latest political shitstorm hits the headlines across the world, 10,000 protesters, teachers, parents and students are expected to continue pouring into the government site. It is likely the gathering will progress long into the night.
Meanwhile, the new SCMP website comes kicking-and-screaming into the 21st century with a live blog (viewable even to non-subscribing peasants).
- BBC: HK Debates National Education Classes.
- News.gov.hk: CY Leung Calls for Open Attitude.
- Time Out HK: Hunger strikers protest national education.
- Badcanto.com: Kindergarten students wearing red scarves and student interviews.
- Wall St Journal: Chinese Olympians Asked about National Education.
(Meanwhile, China Daily insists Hong Kongers are ‘ignorant and biassed’.)