The worldwide premier art battle finally arrived in HK this year. Two competitors race to complete a canvass using only black marker – the audience and judges then choose a winner.
“Working in a similar way to Fight Club, Secret Walls battles are set up and promoted through word of mouth & social media… Secret Walls began back in 2006 in a small bar in East London – they are now hosted in secret and unique locations in all major cities from Tokyo to Malmo, New York to London.”
The winner was declared to be Jimson (piece on the right, below). Click to enlarge.
The next round will be the first semi-finals. 7pm at Les Boules, Sai Wan on Tuesday, November 5th…
The second semi-final will be on November 19th, leading to the December 10th final.
Video highlights from a previous battle…
Les Boules is at 18 Woo Hop St, Shek Tong Tsui…
A beady eye on cultural events across the territory…
- To view all past events featured on Hong Wrong, click here.
- To view all past events related to HK’s Anthropology Society, click here.
Click here for links to all of Hong Wrong’s art fair coverage. Full highlights listed below…
- Adrian Wong’s ‘Wun Dun’ Launch.
- Affordable Art Fair 2013.
- Ai Weiwei’s New ‘Baby Milk’ Sculpture, 2013.
- American Graffiti Artist SEEN in Hong Kong.
- Art Basel 2013: Part 1 of 2.
- Art Basel 2013: Part 2 of 2.
- Art HK 2012 Highlights: Hall 1.
- Art HK 2012 Moving Installations.
- Art Inspired by Kowloon Walled City.
- Asia Contemporary Art Show 2013.
- Asia Hotel Art Fair 2013.
- Chai Wan Mei 2012: Local Art Studios on an Old Industrial Estate.
- Clockenflap 2012. See also: Complete Clockenflap 2012 Guide.
- Comfort Women Exhibition, 2012.
- Detour Festival 2012.
- Fine Art Asia 2012.
- Fotanian Open Studios 2013.
- Free Space Festival 2012.
- Full Lowdown & Map for Art Week 2013.
- Giant Dog Shit is Re-dedicated to Politician Chan Kam-Lam.
- Gigantic Yellow Rubber Bath Toy Visiting Harbour.
- HK Inspired Art Projects.
- HK’s Got Talent! Paul Lung’s Amazingly Realistic Pencil Drawings.
- Hong Kong Contemporary 2013.
- Hong Kong Eye 2013.
- Inflation Festival 2013 at West Kowloon.
- Julianne Yang’s Citylines – Sketches of Unseen Strangers in HK.
- King Kong in Hong Kong.
- Microwave Festival 2012.
- More ART HK 2012 Highlights: Hall 3.
- Rodentia in Absentia by Adrian Wong.
- Shots from HK’s Biggest Ever Street Art Exhibition in Tai Koo, 2013.
- Spoon Art Fair 2012.
- The HK Political Art of Winnie Davies.
- The Sum of All Evil: Shock Value or Art?.
- Videotage ‘Wikitopia’ 2012 at Microwave Festival Annex.