Going viral amongst HK’s netizens this week is a video of a woman repeatedly slapping her kneeling boyfriend on a Tokwawan street. The original clip received over 300,000 views in 2 days – below is a translated version…
The 20-year-old woman was arrested for assaulting the 23-year-old man as Kowloon City police continue to investigate the matter. The disagreement was sparked when it emerged the boyfriend had bought another woman home (possibly the other woman in the video – a sister, or friend). He denied the accusation in the clip, claiming there was a misunderstanding. He pleads with the other woman to speak up and says “listen to me first before beating me… I told her not to come”.
His partner repeatedly shouts about him ‘failing to treat her as a girlfriend’ whilst passers-by tell the man she “isn’t worth it”, calling for him to break up with her and voicing their disapproval. A female bystander engaged saying “stand up, ditch this ugly girl, you deserve better“, telling the woman that, whatever happened, “doesn’t warrant you slapping your boyfriend in the middle of the street“. No-one intervenes and a security guard can be seen chuckling in the background.
According to the SCMP, a police spokesman said that “…police who arrived at the scene arrested a female, aged 20 and surnamed Cheng, for common assault… A victim, aged 23 and surnamed Chui, was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital for treatment.” The woman in question has since been the subject of a ‘human flesh search‘ as netizens researched and published her identity on HK’s Golden Forum.
The incident comes a week after this image from Guangzhou went viral – and below is a collection of similar videos from the past couple of years (some of which are actually improv skits)…
External video links and original clips relating to HK…
- Artist’s Virtual Pop-Up Tour of HK.
- Euphoric English Advert for HK’s Noah’s Ark.
- Extreme Urban Sports Videos in HK.
- HK International Pillow Fight Day Compilation 2011.
- HK International Pillow Fight Day Compilation 2012.
- HK International Pillow Fight Day Compilation 2013.
- HK’s Most Quaint & Delightful Public Service Ads from the 80s.
- Hollywood Destroys the Bank of China Building.
- Hong Kong Hyperlapse 2013.
- Hong Kong SantaCon 2012.
- Hong Kong’s Weirdest Public Service Ads.
- Interview with the Only Resident of Kuk Po Ghost Village.
- Life of a Hong Kong Tai Tai.
- Louis Vuitton’s Pretentious Corporate Claptrap.
- Maid Wars: The Plight of HK’s Domestic Workers.
- National Geographic’s 1978 HK Family Profile.
- No Room at the Cemetery? Turn Loved Ones Into Jewellery!
- Press Video Coverage of HK’s Third Pillow Fight Day.
- Six Spectacular Hong Kong Time Lapse Videos.
- Snowden Hong Kong: The Movie.
- The Birth of the MTR (Documentary).
- The Ecology & Politics of Tung Ping Chau.
- The Plight of Tin Shui Wai’s Hawkers in the ‘City of Despair’.
- The Prostitute-Busting Policewomen of 1960s Hong Kong.
- The Tiny HK Apartment With 24 Rooms in 1.
- Time-Lapse of Hong Kong by Edwin Lee.