‘StoryWorthyWeek‘ is a new HK-based arts festival that believes that everyone in Hong Kong has a story to tell. Running from Tuesday 6th till Wednesday 14th of September, it features local and foreign performers sharing their best stories.
Events are as follows:
- Friday, 6th September, 8pm: Literary Death Match, Fringe Club, Tickets $220
- Saturday, 7th September, 8pm: Literary Death Match, Fringe Club, Tickets $220
- Monday, 9th September, 8pm: Liars’ League, Venue: Fringe Dairy, FREE
- Tuesday, 10th September, 7pm: Storytelling Bootcamp, Venue: TBA, $50 (at the door)
- Wednesday, 11th September, 8pm: Storytelling in Cantonese, Venue: Boom Cafe, FREE
- Friday, 13th September, 8pm: Top-Notch, Fringe Club, Tickets $150
- Saturday, 14th September, 8pm: Top-Notch, Fringe Club, Tickets $150
Literary Death Match is part literary reading, part comedy show, part game show – bringing together four brilliant writers to compete in a slapstick showdown in front of three judges. This will be the team’s 50th stop in their worldwide tour. Click for the Friday Facebook event, or Saturday event.
Liars’ League is HK’s regular live literary night featuring professional actors reading original short stories. Links and videos of previous coverage below. Click for the Facebook event.