‘V-Day’ returns to Hong Kong with an extended run of the ‘The Vagina Monologues’ by Eve Ensler.
Performances will be held between February 11th and 14th at 8pm each night at the Premium Sofa Club, 212-216 Wing Lok Street (West Side) Basement, Fui Nam Building, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong [Map].
Quotes about last year’s play:
- “…testing, insightful and empowering…” – Dishkya Karki, hkeld.com
- “Not to be missed.”– Kiri-san, kiri-san.com
- “Best Valentine’s Day I’ve had in years!”– Mary, audience member.
- “Wonderful initiative, well-put together.”– Angie Palmer, audience member
- “Hold on to your balls, boys, the feminists are coming.”– Time Out HK
Eve Ensler – Obie Award-winning playwright of The Vagina Monologues and Necessary Targets – initiated V-Day, a global movement to stop violence against women. Ensler’s performance of The Vagina Monologues was seen on HBO in 2001.
V-Day is a catalyst that promotes creative events to increase awareness, raise money, and revitalize the spirit of existing anti-violence organizations. V-Day generates broader attention for the fight to stop violence against women and girls, including rape, battery, incest, female genital mutilation (FGM), and sex slavery.
Based on interviews with over 200 women about their memories and experiences of sexuality, The Vagina Monologues gives voice to women’s deepest fantasies and fears, guaranteeing that no one who reads it will ever look at a woman’s body, or think of sex, in quite the same way again. It is witty and irreverent, compassionate and wise.