One of the few colonial buildings remaining in HK, the currently disused Wanchai Police Station was built in 1932…
Though the station (also known as ‘number 2 station’) sat directly on Victoria Harbour until the 1960s, the building itself was also built on reclaimed land. It was constructed during the Praya East Reclamation Scheme.
It closed in 2010 but, as a Grade III historic building, it will be partly redeveloped for business and commercial use. Below are some shots taken from inside the building, two years after it closed…
Also on the blog…
- Abadoned TV studios near Sai Kung
- Central’s abandoned prison and police station
- HK’s abandoned ‘ghost island’
- Abandoned villages in HK’s ‘wild west’
Click here for more historical entries.
Exploring forgotten corners of HK where nature is winning…
- Abandoned TV studios near Sai Kung.
- Abandoned Villages in HK’s ‘Wild West’ (Fan Lau).
- Central’s Abandoned Prison and Police Station.
- Fung Hang Semi-Abandoned Village.
- HK’s Abandoned ‘Ghost Island’, Yim Tin Tsai.
- Kuk Po: Interview with the Only Villager.
- Kuk Po: More Shots from the Abandoned Village Outpost.
- Kuk Po: Photos from HK’s Borderzone Ghost Town.
- Ma Wan Abandoned Town Part 1.
- Ma Wan Abandoned Town Part 2.
- Shing Mun Redoubt, HK’s Secret WWII Tunnels.
- Tung Ping Chau: The Abandoned Hamlets of Hong Kong’s ‘Jumanji Island’.
- Tung Ping Chau: The Abandoned Military Base on HK’s Wild Outpost.
- Tung Ping Chau: Video discussing HK’s Abandoned, Wild Island Outpost.
- Wanchai’s Abandoned Police Station.
Check out the Hong Wrong Mega Index for more.