A team from HK URBEX explored the new MTR tunnels last week…
The shots reveal how the rapidly expanding MTR system is being constructed…
Check out this piece from Time Out, who also gained access (albeit more officially!).
The photos show how the coarse tunnel walls are lined with waterproof protection and reinforced for structural support…
Concrete is then pumped into the wall. Pedestrian tunnels are rounded, only appearing rectangular after electronics and other technical infrastructure is installed.
The same urban exploration team boarded the stricken Vietnamese freighter off the coast of Cheung Chau earlier in the month.
Exploring forgotten corners of HK where nature is winning…
- Abandoned TV studios near Sai Kung.
- Abandoned Villages in HK’s ‘Wild West’ (Fan Lau).
- Central’s Abandoned Prison and Police Station.
- Fung Hang Semi-Abandoned Village.
- HK’s Abandoned ‘Ghost Island’, Yim Tin Tsai.
- Kuk Po, Part 1: Photos from HK’s Borderzone Ghost Town.
- Kuk Po, Part 2: More Shots from the Abandoned Village Outpost.
- Kuk Po: Part 3: Interview with the Only Villager.
- Kuk Po, Part 4: Plover Cove Abandoned Ghost Town Revisited.
- Luk Keng Chan Uk Semi-Abandoned Village.
- Ma Wan Abandoned Town, Part 1.
- Ma Wan Abandoned Town, Part 2.
- Shing Mun Redoubt, HK’s Secret WWII Tunnels.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 1: Video discussing HK’s Abandoned, Wild Island Outpost.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 2: The Abandoned Hamlets of Hong Kong’s ‘Jumanji Island’.
- Tung Ping Chau, Part 3: The Abandoned Military Base on HK’s Wild Outpost.
- Wanchai’s Abandoned Police Station.